Thursday, September 01, 2005

When You Put Me Away, Let Me Lie There

I lay
Stretched out
Like an ambulance passenger
with the back of my neck against her thigh
My head resting in her lap
She calmly rolls my hair around her fingers
Release
It feels like she cuts my hair without scissors
Until.
I fall.
Asleep.

I am at peace staring into the back of my eyelids
I cannot see that her soft palm
Has been rested against my neck
And the fingers, so delicate, wrap around
Snake around my throat

And as if I had been shocked
By a current, electric coursing strong through my body
My eyes snap open
I tense
As her fingers, so soft, dig into my neck
I look at her face
She doesn't notice I am staring into her eyes
She mist have been concentrating on her gripping
Her eyes seem harder than usual, steely and diomond-like
It looked like she was squinting into the sun, her small brow tensed

When I saw her face
I released
I stopped squirming like a little rat about to die
I closed my eyes
To fall asleep again
Release
With my last pulse
With my last exhale
I again look into her face
And watch until;
My vision goes to red
To grey
To black

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home